On Jun 15, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Sam Roberts wrote:

>> The other nine are from his uniserve.com account and there
>> is a trailing dot in the Message-Id: which may be upsetting
>> the g/way news host?  Example:

> I'm probably slightly out of the "envelope of normal" that
> the g/way script is expecting, I use OS X at home, but I use
> it like a Unix box, I do all my mail with Mutt.
>
> For what it's worth, it's an invalid Message ID. I don't know
> who is generating it, either sendmail or mutt. Both might
> claim that there is a bug in whatever call they are making
> to the OS to get the host name, but its still wrong.
>
> Not sure what I can do about it, though.

`sudo hostname ensemble`? I had a similar thing going on on my mac box
a while back, I think that's the way I did it. It will only last until
the box is restarted, though, so it should go in the boot.rc or
something. I think you can also edit the /etc.hostconfig file, change
"HOSTNAME=-AUTOMATIC-" to "HOSTNAME=ensemble".

Or I could be completely misunderstanding the problem. :) If so, please
ignore.

HTH,
Mark