Hi!

I'd like to use an existing proc object as a method for a singleton class.

q = proc { ... }
def foo.bar(*a)
 q[*a]
end

doesn't work, of course, as q is a local var (and I wouldn't like to
pollute the environment with globals...)

So what springs to my mind is sending a :define_method to the singleton
class... I just can't access that class:

class << foo
end
foo.send(:define_method,:bar,q)
 => NoMethodError: undefined method `define_method' for #<Object:0x401a2614>

That is, the singleton class is created, but the value of the variable foo
(be it anything at this point) doesn't behave as a class, but as the
original foo.

Any ideas, hints, pointers?

Thanks,
--
Csaba

"There's more to life, than books, you know but not much more..."
[The Smiths]
***
If you want to send me a mail, see it in the mailto link at
http://www.renyi.hu/~ekho/egyelore.html