Jean-Hugues ROBERT wrote:
> As a side note:
> That variables are not objects is somehow an issue I believe.
> There are a lot of methods that deal with variables. So far these
> methods are not OO.
> See  http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?SinisterSchemeSampleInRuby for
> some starting point for implementing a Variable class.

I don't see a big need for Variable objects, but some interesting
methods on a binding object *would* be interesting.   E.g.

    binding.bind(:var, value)
    binding.lookup(:var)
    binding.unbind(:var)
    binding.names
    binding.each { |var_name, value| ... }

Or ... make binding ducktypeable with a hash (i.e. support hash-like
methods).