Quoteing sean / celsoft.com, on Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:40:26AM +0900:
> On Monday 14 June 2004 16:46, Zach Dennis wrote:
> But no one designed unix with KDE or even X-Windows in mind.  KDE could very
> easily be just as difficult and cryptic to everyday users as anything else in
> *nix.  It's not that KDE can now afford to be easy to use because *nix laid
> the foundation.  What about Macs, Windows and Beos?  Those aren't (well, OS X
> is) based on a Linux core, and they're easy to use.
>
> No, I stand by what I said.  New talent is working around Linux these days and
> things are getting easier to use, as well as remaining, or being more,
> powerful.

It looks like new money to me, not new developers. Most of the big
projects are heavily funded by industry, either ones who sell the
software for money (KDE), or because it gives them a competetive edge
(Sun funding Samba development... they want their servers to be able to
be Windows domain controllers and file servers), gcc, Apache, even
GNOME.

Sam