tony summerfelt [mailto:snowzone5 / hotmail.com] :
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 00:17:55 +0900, you wrote:
>> I think the best way to get the behaviour you want is to use a
>> hash.
> it seems to be more work (and lines of code) than it needs to be
> for just one variable.
>
> i was surprised that ruby didn't have a simple undefine function.
> and for the oo'ness of it, it could look like x.undefine. no more
> x :)

Well, there's a problem with that. In Ruby, variables themselves are
not objects. They are merely labels for objects used in a particular
context.

What is it that you're trying to do -- codewise -- that seems to
require the ability to undefine a variable? There is probably a
different way to do what you want.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin.ziegler / evault.com