There is a way to get fast CGI under windows, by using another server other
than IIS.  In fact there is a free server (won't do SSL, but you can buy an
upgrade if needed) from IMATIX corporation.  http://www.imatix.com.  The
fast CGI routine they provide is call LRWP (Long Running Web
Process).  They provide sample scripts in Python and Perl to interface with
the server.  I have written an incomplete script in Ruby for the interface.
( I have classes that read and write to the interface, build a hash of the
environmental variables, and gulp in posted data from a form).  I'm still
working on multipart form data and parsing the posted data into another
hash.  I've had a LRWP program up for about two weeks for testing.  I've
had 3 scrips hitting it once every 30 seconds.  No memory loss.  However,
the script is pretty simple and who knows what will happen when db access
is added and more work is done in the script.

Anyway take a look at the XITAMI (imatix spelled backwards) server.

You can get a copy of my script for using LRWP in Ruby at:

http://www.guavaland.com/lrwp_xitami.zip

Ernie