il Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:13:42 +0900, "Neil Mc Laughlin"
<nml / fjserv.net> ha scritto::

>I'm in the process of writing a logging package for a project. The actual
>logging methods can be specified at runtime and are implemented with a class
>method_missing call.
>
>That works fine until I call the warn method using 'send'. I would have
>expected the object to respond identically to both the direct invocation and
>the indirect invocation via 'send'.
>
>Is this a bug in ruby or have I missed something?

well, you have to consider that warn is already a method in ruby;
>> warn 'foo'
foo
=> nil

OTOH it works for me:
>> def warn(*args)
>> p args
>> end
=> nil
>> warn 't' , 't', 'y'
=> nil
>> self.send :warn , :t,:t,:t,:t
=> nil

so I believe you did something wrong. But I wonder: why don'tu you use
the logger module (that comes with ruby 1.8) or log4r ?