Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> As I've watched the uses of test/unit grow and change over time, I've
> also considered adding more ability to run tests in specific orders...
> however, this is because I see test/unit being used in various places at
> an acceptance (or customer) testing level, where those needs are much
> more legitimate. It's a challenge to introduce something like that,
> though, and still encourage good unit testing practices. Perhaps it's
> time for test/accept?

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered, but what exactly
*are* good unit testing practices, and how should they be implemented?
I've been trying to use test/unit more and more, and to be honest I keep
running into situations where I would like tests to be run in a specific
order. If I have understood the comments in this thread, it sounds like
several of you think that this is a bad thing... I'm having trouble
seeing how else to do it, I guess.

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3 / email.byu.edu

ruby -h | ruby -e
'a=[];readlines.join.scan(/-(.)\[e|Kk(\S*)|le.l(..)e|#!(\S*)/) {|r| a <<
r.compact.first };puts "\n>#{a.join(%q/ /)}<\n\n"'