Jean-Hugues ROBERT wrote:

>> [Binding.of_caller]
> This is a very creative piece of work, congratulations !
> I am adding that to my rcr.rb with the proper credit.

Thanks. :)

> I guess that it is not extremely efficient but it will
> help me a lot in my exception logging scheme. So far I
> used to explicitly pass the binding to be able to dump
> the local variables when required. Thanks !

Nice to hear that it's useful. I actually need it for implementing a
wrapper around eval(). (I need to give unique file descriptors to
evaluated code in proc_source.rb so that I can later map them back to code.)

> For more speed demanding usage, there would be some need
> for native support I guess, but as of today your
> solution is probably very close to the most efficient
> solution.

I dunno how fast it is -- we would need to do some benchmarking to find
  that out -- but at least it is only slow where it's being used. :)

> BTW: What is "simplecc.rb" ?

It's the same code that is included in the rescue part. It's the only
way I can use Continuations without going insane.

> Yours,
> JeanHuguesRobert

Regards,
Florian Gross