Tyler Zesiger  wrote:

>My beef is with *nix people who think user-friendliness is a bad thing -
>A threat to their way of thinking. It's utter nonsense.

You're right, of course.  However, I'd suggest you take the time to read
"The Art of UNIX Programming" by Eric S. Raymond, which helps explain
why things are the way they are.  Not to defend the status quo, but to see
the history and choices made along the way, to see the alternatives which
didn't last.

For example, some OSes have a very long-winded command line,
and thus never developed the utility of UNIX's shell.