Kevin Smith <sent / qualitycode.com> wrote:

>Ben Tilly wrote:
[...]
>I was pleasantly surprised to find that
>California not only bans smoking in restaurants--
>it also bans smoking in bars (!). The only
>_legal_ exceptions are special "smoking bars" and
>there aren't many of those. It's really amusing
>(to me--sorry for those of you who smoke) to see
>a group of smokers puffing away right *outside* a
>pub.
[...]

This reminds me of a funny story I saw in the NY Times.
Apparently some European, was being asked about what
had changed since he was here last.  He responded that
he couldn't believe how much prostitution was up

The local was shocked and asked what he meant...

The European said, "Well everywhere I go, there are
all of these well-dressed women hanging around smoking
outside of office buildings..."

Cheers,
Ben