> I was pleasantly surprised to find that
> California not only bans smoking in restaurants--
> it also bans smoking in bars (!). The only

It sure does.  And I also think the law is a bad one.  I won't
bore everyone with my reasoning.  I do have to say that my opinion
may be jaded as I happen to be a smoker, but I think it would
be the same even if I didn't smoke.

> To bring it (almost) back on topic, I suppose
> this means that the preferred location for a US
> Ruby gathering would thus be California.
> [Disclaimer: I live in California, so I just
> might have ulterior motives for that
> suggestion].

I live in California too, so of course I would enjoy a reason
to go to a state that has not outlawed smoking in bars/restaurants,
but... I since matz doesn't like smoke very much, I'd also vote
for California as well -- see, smokers are thoughtful people too! :-)

Now Guy, what about mmap... I know it's brewing in pigeon lab...
raa.puts(decoux.mmap)  :-)

-joe