On Friday 11 June 2004 13:01, Jim Weirich wrote:
> Nathaniel Talbott said:
> >>
> >> Is that guaranteed by the API or should I not rely on it?
> >
> > It is guaranteed. Even if other orderings are added at some point in
> > the future, running in alphabetical order will always be supported.
>
> Even if it is guaranteed, I recommend not relying on it in the tests
> themselves.  Each test should be very loosely coupled to its siblings and
> the order should not matter.

The order shouldn't matter, but it's better to have control over the order
rather than have them run in an arbitrary order selected by the library.
With control, you could randomize the list of tests and run the randomized
battery n times.  When the tests are alphabetical, they're always run in
alphabetical order.

	Sean O'Dell