Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Friday, June 11, 2004, 5:47:07 AM, why wrote:
>
>>If you have a large block of text you want protected, you can surround
>>protected from Textile formatting.
>
> If you want to use some formatting (bold, italic, ...) in a code
> block, are there any good methods?

I haven't thought much about this.  Immediately, I'd say you would need
to use a tag other than <pre> or <code>.  Right now I just wrap those
sorts of code blocks in <div class="formattedCode"> tags and then be
sure to give the formattedCode class <pre>-like css properties.

With RedCloth 2.1, you'll also be able to override RedCloth's default
handling of elements.  Would that be okay?

_why