In article <20010203170150.25719.qmail / web2302.mail.yahoo.com>,
  chad fowler <chadfowler / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nitpickiness:
>
> > progname = File.basename $0
> > def printUsage
> >         puts <<-USAGE
> >
> > Usage: #{progname} [-v] [-t] [-p] [-i] [-s N[hm]]
>
> Is progname in scope here?

no, no it's not.  I pass it in as a parameter now.  Thanks for the
correction!

> > def getPassword
> >         print "Password: "
> >         begin
> >                 system("stty -echo")
> >                 passwd = STDIN.gets.chomp!
>
> I'm curious as to why you "chomp!" instead of "chomp".

because I'm darned excited about it!!  I have no idea... *hangs head in
shame*, fixed now though!

Also, I had another error, where the timeout value was being collected
as arg.inspect.to_i rather than arg.to_i.inspect.to_i, so if you use
the timeout option, it fails to convert, sets it to 0 and you timeout
everytime.  Couldn't get much done that way! :-)  Can anyone tell me
the semantics of inspect and why you have to do that
(arg.to_i.inspect.to_i)?

Thanks very much for helping!!  Feel free to pummel me if you see
anything else :-)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/