Mike Wilson wrote:

> I just realized that it's possible that you/someone may have thought that the
> "stupidity disclaimer" was referring to my opinion of what you were doing.
> It wasn't, it was referring to me and my possibly stupid question.  I hope
> you understood that, sorry if you didn't.  I really need to think before I
> type...

Dunno about that.  This forum has always seemed to have an uncommonly
high civility quotient, in that when you say something ambiguous, your
civility tends to be assumed by everyone else.

I too have found myself in the habit of using instance vars in "non-oo"
scripts. Haven't really thought through my reasons, or the consequences.
It may just come down to having been told by someone, in the misty
forgotten past, that globals were an unqualified evil. :-)

  -- Mark