> Thus I support using --version to convey information about RubyGems, as
> anyone accustomed to command-line tools will expect that.

Quick follow-up with suggestion.

  -V, --gem-version       Specify version of gem to perform operation on
  -v, --version           Show RubyGems version and exit

I think that's pretty reasonable.  Now what about --rubygems-info?  Keep
it as it is?  Roll it into --version and get rid of it?

I favour getting rid of --rubygems-info (it's awkward to type) and just
having

  -v, --version           Display RubyGems information and exit

What sayeth the mob?

Gavin