On Wednesday 09 June 2004 07:33, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:21, Jim Freeze wrote:
> > To be a good programmer, you really have to love what you do.
> > How could someone aspire to move away from something they
> > really love?
>
> So true.  I want to be a better programmer, to someday fix a bug in the
> Linux kernel, to write a good first person shooter.  I don't want to
> "stop/transcend/move on from" programming.  And I don't think that's a
> bad thing....

Ditto.  When hiring an artist, should one be wary of people who want to be an
artist forever?  When hiring a gardener, should one be wary of people who
want to garden forever?  I don't see the logic in refusing to hire a person
because they love their work and want to keep doing it the rest of their
life.

	Sean O'Dell