Okay, I know this is an easy one, but I can't find it documented and I
can't find an example in any libraries.  Yes, I'm sure it's in the
documentation but I can't find it, and yes I'm sure there are examples,
but I can't find them.

I need to write to stdin on another process.  In perl, this would look
like:

open PIPE, "| process";
print PIPE "stuff\n";
close PIPE;

Of course, I tried a couple different iterations of that:

File.open("| process", "w") { |file| ... }
IO.open("| process", "w") { |file| ... }
IO.popen("| process", "w") { |file| ... }

All of them fail, or I would not be sending this.  So, what's the secret?
Like I said, I'm sure it's easy, but I can't find it.  Apparently my
Google-fu is not up to snuff today...

Thanks,
Luke

--
The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take your income and
add ten percent.