On Monday 07 June 2004 16:13, Kloubakov, Yura wrote:
> [...]

Nowadays, I work alone mostly.  When I work with others, we all have the same
type of habits, more of less.  I haven't worked with a programmer younger
than 30+ in a long time, though.  I have about the same defect rate as the
older programmers I've worked with.  I've worked with some fresh guys right
out of college that had what I would a disastrous defect rate.  In fact, I
don't recall a college-educated programmer at any place I've worked that
DIDN'T get fired for being highly unproductive...perhaps one, maybe two.  I
return to ancient code all the time and it's fine.  In fact, about a year
ago, I ported a good-sized C++ application (non-GUI) that was written for
VC++/MFC about 9 years ago to Linux and it took me a couple days to get
ported.  I even got a pretty well-rounded C++ class library out of the port
that is almost completely portable between Linux and Windows; strings,
arrays, avl trees, file I/O, sockets, threads, mutexes...all sorts of stuff,
all portable.

	Sean O'Dell