On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:28:37 +0900, George Ogata
<g_ogata / optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Is it feasible to package RubyGems as a gem?

Mostly feasible and something some of us has discussed, but we decided
not to spend the time on it.
If we achieve our goal (inclusion with the Ruby distribution), its
being packaged as a gem itself is not as useful as if we don't achieve
our goal.

Fun idea, though isn't it?

I forgot to mention that the 'sources' of remote gems are packaged as
a gem and included with RubyGems.   We could upgrade the sources list
remotely without having to reinstall rubygems.   We are also using
Ara's Session library for unit testing, which we have redistributed
and packaged as a gem and install during the rubygems installation.

Chad