On Sunday 06 June 2004 20:48, George Ogata wrote:
> "Sean O'Dell" <sean / celsoft.com> writes:
> >> Sorry for being slow, but I have no idea what you're after.  Could you
> >> give an example of what you'd like to be able to write to achieve what
> >> you want?
> >
> > object.implements(:hash_interface)
>
> Well, as Kristof replied, that's easily done.  Doing it on a per-Class
> basis is similarly easy.  But how is it different to the idea that you
> called "a kludge" (http:///www.ruby-talk.org/102539)?  Or is your
> complaint that it is not already done in the stdlib?

My complaint is that it's not already in the stdlib.  I don't expect
everything I want to come from the standard libraries.  Most of the code I
call is my own.  But when it comes to something like type checking, I really
feel the language should offer SOMETHING sufficient to solve a problem like
this.

	Sean O'Dell