On Friday 04 June 2004 18:34, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:13:44 +0900,
>
> Florian Gross wrote in [ruby-talk:102433]:
> > > So, how do I positively identify when an object is a hash or at least
> > > behaves like a hash?
> >
> > obj.respond_to?(:keys) # ? :)
>
> I'd prefer :each_pair.

In both cases, does that mean that the object has hash-like functionality, or
just that the object responds to those two methods?  Is there some definition
somewhere that says "it's a hash if it has these methods?"  I actually have
hash-like objects that DON'T respond to either of those two methods, but it
would be easy enough to add fake ones.  I hate adding fake methods just to id
a hash interface, it's a kludge.

	Sean O'Dell