Chad Fowler [mailto:chad / chadfowler.com] wrote:

> # > Can anyone else confirm that zlib segfaults on this
> release of ruby on # > Windows? # > # > Chad # > # > # > # #
> This DOES NOT segfault on WinXP Home w/latest Ruby win32
> distro...works # like a charm.  What version of Ruby is being
> used? # # Looks like he has compiled his own.  I see that
> there is a "devel" target in the win32 installer builder.
> Any chance the team would consider periodically (or
> nightly?!) releasing a devel version of the installer for
> those of us who don't have a good setup for compiling stuff
> for Windows?

That would be a good idea (I have had problems in irb segfaults -so the
reason I went w the _unadviseable modified version. The irb problem went
away,.. only that I would have problems in zlib...).

In the meantime, I have remove everything and started from scratch again
using your windows installer ruby181-13.exe on rubyforge. The new gem
install went fine.

I'm using gems now. Thank you (and others) for the great job on gem -it is
very helpful (especially since I do win and linux).

Btw, are all rubyforge projects have corr gem format now?

> Chad

kind regards -botp