Paul Brannan <pbrannan / atdesk.com> wrote in message news:<20040604135901.GD2788 / atdesk.com>...
> I use / all the time to indicate integer division (provided I'm working
> with integers).  My code will not work with mathn and I have no
> intention of going out of my way to uglify my code just to make it
> compatible with a broken library.

  Then your code is incompatible with the standard libraries and
you should not be writing anything other people will use.  The
rational, complex, and matrix libraries need mathn in order
to work properly.  In particular, matrix gives dramatically wrong
answers without so much as a warning if you don't include mathn.
The real problem is that mathn should be required automatically,
and it isn't, even when failure to require it gives incontrovertibly
wrong answers.  See my previous posts on these issues for examples.

Regards, Bret