Hidetoshi NAGAI <nagai / ai.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote in message news:<20040604.011325.74741131.nagai / ai.kyutech.ac.jp>...
> Hi,
>
> From: mhm26 / drexel.edu (matt)
> Subject: Re: TkMenubar + Keyboard Shortcut
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:03:38 +0900
> > I can use up and down once I click on `File' - but I can't use
> > left/right to go between edit and file.
> >
> > I also still can't figure out how to make Alt+F drop down file.
> > Inside your example, I'd like to be able to press Alt+F, Down, Enter
> > in that sequence to open a file...
>
> Hmmm.... On my environment (Vine-2.6/GNOME), that sequence works.
> What is your environment? Doesn't your window manager (or an other
> application) carry off the key press?

I'm unfortunately using windows...

so I can get the Alt+F to drop down the file menu automatically by
telling the menu itself by invoking #popup with the right
coordinates... and then the arrow buttons work, but I have to put all
the code in there to handle that, any way to make that automatic?

also, I want to be able to say type Alt+F for a file-menu drop and
then push Alt+O for the open to go in my application.

Even if this isn't done automatically by the os/windowmanager, it
should be pretty easy to do.  I just have to know when I'm `in' the
file menu (ie know when it's being dropped down) to know that Alt+O
maps to file_menu->open.

Sorry for any confusion my previous lack of proper expounding may have
caused, and thanks for your help.