This apparently didn't post the first time around, so I'm trying
again.  If this is a duplicate, sorry.

Hi ho,

REXML 3.1.0 is available.

Aside from a very few bug fixes,  this release includes *rudimentary*
support for RelaxNG validation.  If you're interested in this feature,
please pull this version, pound on the validation mechanism, and let
me
know -- preferably via the REXML mailing list or the REXML bug report
system -- about any problems you have.

The parts of RelaxNG that have been implemented are:

* element
* attribute
* choice
* oneOrMore
* zeroOrMore
* optional
* empty
* text

Everything else is currently unimplemented, and the implemented
elements need some stress testing.  There is a test class called
test/validation_rng.rb which you can unit tests to and send me the
diff
patches.

The REXML page is, as always:

http://www.germane-software.com/software/rexml

The 3.1.0 archive is:

http://www.germane-software.com/archives/rexml_3.1.0.tgz

By the way, I'd like to publically thank Kou for his contributions to
REXML; he's been sending a lot of bug patches lately, and I really
appreciate it.

--- SER