On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:09:44 +0900, "Pe?a, Botp" <botp / delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
> 
> ooops.. I'm very sorry... forgot to change subject.. pls ignore previous
> mail..
> 
> Hi Gem gurus,
> 
> I posted this on gem site but I want to get answer quick so....
> 
> Gem segfaults on winxp. See below.
> 
> Thank you in advance
> 
> kind regard -botp
> 
> C:\download\ruby\installer\gem\rubygems-0.4.0>ruby install.rb
> lib/rubygems.rb -> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb
> lib/rubygems/version.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/version.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/version.rb
> lib/rubygems/validator.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/validator.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/validator.rb
> lib/rubygems/specification.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/specification.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/specification.rb
> lib/rubygems/remote_installer.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/remote_installer.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/remote_installer.rb
> lib/rubygems/installer.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb
> lib/rubygems/format.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/format.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/format.rb
> lib/rubygems/doc_manager.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/doc_manager.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/doc_manager.rb
> lib/rubygems/cache.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/cache.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/cache.rb
> lib/rubygems/builder.rb ->
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/builder.rb
> chmod 0644 c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/builder.rb
> bin/gem_server -> c:/ruby181-13/bin/gem_server
> chmod 0755 c:/ruby181-13/bin/gem_server
> bin/gem -> c:/ruby181-13/bin/gem
> chmod 0755 c:/ruby181-13/bin/gem
> c:/ruby181-13/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/builder.rb:61: [BUG]
> Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.2 (2004-05-19) [i386-mswin32]
> 
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
> 
>

Strange one.   I'm not seeing this on my computer at work.  I'm
running the windows installer version from RubyForge (latest one).  It
looks like the following line from builder.rb is causing Ruby to
segfault on your computer

 data = [Zlib::Deflate.deflate(File.open(entry['path'], "rb") {|f|
f.read})].pack("m")

Can you try this from the shell in windows to see if it also segfaults?

ruby -rzlib -e 'p Zlib::Deflate.deflate("Blah")'

Chad