Carl Youngblood wrote:
.

> What I'm picturing is a wiki where you have a local copy on your machine
> that you can take with you that syncs back up with the online version
> later.  At merge time any conflicts would be resolved on an individual
> basis.
I have local Ruby wiki that calls out to CVS to sync various home PCs.
Page fetches, edits, etc. trigger a call to cvs for add, commit, update,
and so on.

It's not terribly efficient, and I need to do periodic manual checks for
merge conflicts, but I haven't really put much effort into it.  It's
Good Enough, and lets me use my wiki as thought organizer, address book,
bug tracker, and so on, across multiple household PCs and laptops.

James