"David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0406030437540.1134-100000 / wobblini...
> Hi --
>
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Robert Klemme wrote:
>

> > "David Alan Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:m3vfi98ggu.fsf / wobblini.net...
> > >
> > > Note (from David Black): This was a message sent by Botp to
ruby-talk
> > > that didn't make it through.  I resent it, with a small change, to
see
> > > if it would make it, and it did.
> > >
> > > The change was to strip "Re:" and put "about" in the subject
line....

> > I assume this is a stupid question, but the GW doesn't contain a
header
> > detection regexp that looks like this:
> >
> > /^(.*):\s+(.*)$/

> > => 0
> > => "Subject: Re"
> > => "foo bar"
> >
> > Really stupid question...
>
> Which part is the question? :-) If it's whether that regexp appears in
> the code, the answer is no.  But I'm not understanding what suggests
> that it might.

You said you fixed the message by removing "Re:" from the subject line and
replaced it by "about".  The wild guess was just that - since "Re:" ends
with a colon - there might be a regexp somewhere that wrongly identifies
the header name as "Subject: Re:", which in turn might have had other
unwanted consequences.

But I barely dared to ask that because I didn't assume that anyone
involved in the GW software would use such a regexp...  :-)

Kind regards

    robert