Moinmoin,

Ralf Mler wrote:
> Moin,

Where in Northern Germany are you?

> I'm looking for some algorithms to get arbitrary roots of numbers  other
> irrational numbers. these numbers should be at least 100000 digits long.
>
> What i really want is a distribution of the numbers 0..9. Therefor i allready
> got a ruby-script, but to produse such long  numbers seems to be difficult.
> Till now i use the 'pi.rb' from the samples inside the ruby source, fibonaccis
> and  e, generatet with the bigfloat-extension from raa.
>
> Does anyone know a good source for such algorithms (no matter which lang)?

The 'Numerical Recipes in ...' (available in Pascal, FORTRAN, C and C++
IIRC) might be worth checking. http://www.nr.com has a link to PDFs of
the chapters.

You surely find more details when googeling (of whatever your favourite
search machine is) for "roots numbers irrational calculation algorithm".
If you add "ruby" to the list of words you're left with just 22 web
sites to visit. :-)

HTH

Happy rubying

Stephan