-----Original Message-----
From: "Dave Thomas"<Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML"<ruby-talk / netlab.co.jp>
Date: Thu Feb 01 10:25:58 PST 2001
Subject: [ruby-talk:10224] Re: limits on computation?

>Mike Wilson <wmwilson1 / go.com> writes:
>
>> Hmm, I've got a 16-way 10GB RAM Sun Enterprise 6500 sitting
>> here..... ;)
>
>If I pay the postage could you ship it over?

sure, postage would be $400,000, $600,000 if you want the TB of disk too, that good? ;)

Sorry I'm still on this, but would it maybe make sense to have one of the $SAFE levels cover such things?  If I wanted to make some online calculator, someone could just DOS the heck out of me like this (not that I'm doing that, but..).  Even checking input, I'd really have to take the given operations into account as well (i.e. (2**(2**(2**(2**(... ), would get hairy. ;)

Thanks

Mike Wilson
Unix Administrator
http://ruby.weblogs.com