Daniel Berger wrote:
> Philipp Kern <trash / philkern.de> wrote in message news:<slrncbrv95.qmp.trash / o2.net.philkern.de>...
>
>>On 2004-06-02, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>ruby -e 'require "crypt/fog";eval(Crypt::Fog.decrypt(IO.readlines("cfoo.rb").to_s.chomp,44))'
>>
>>And how do you obfuscate the salt? Because that's the problem we try to deal
>>with. As soon as you call the decrypter you need the password available.
>>

> 1) Put above code in file
> 2) chown root file
> 3) chmod 700 file

Sorry, but this is getting sillier and siller :-)

The original problem is to obfuscate Ruby code against end users, which
will have full control to the application, their machine, and the whole
filesystem.

For the above to work, you'll have to distribute your software as in
ASP/rented fashion, not shrink-wrapped. In this case, you don't need
obfuscation anyway.

--
dave