Hi --

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, daz wrote:

> Pe?a, Botp wrote:
> > Hi ALL:
> >
> > Pls forgive me in advance.
> >
> > I posted a reply today but did not see it.
> >
> > I'll like to see if new post will get posted (diff reply).
> >
> > I'm on the mailing list.
> >
> > I just noticed this problem just today.
> >
> > kind regards -botp
> >

> You're right,
> www.ruby-talk.org/102230
>
> .... and not alone
>

> Can anyone see this on their News reader?
> I see it in ML mail only - No In-Reply-To: or References:, but valid mail.
> www.ruby-talk.org/102074

The remaining problem seems to be subject lines with "Re:" in them,
when there are no In-Reply-To and References: headers.  This
apparently makes the NNTP server flag the message as a followup and
then be unhappy because there's no reference.

(See my subject-mangling of Botp's reply message, which resulted in
the message reaching comp.lang.ruby.)

Dennis has several messages from me, leading up to this conclusion,
for when he gets up tomorrow :-)  So hopefully a fix will be
forthcoming soon.

David

--
David A. Black