Vincent Foley wrote:

>I would be interested to try the Ruby Eclipse plug-in.  So, I downloaded
>the latest version of Eclipse (3.0RC1, RubyEclipse mentions 3.0M8, should
>I use that older version instead?) and I downloaded the plug-in.

As Daniel Berger already stated, the current RDT release (0.4.1) does
not work with eclipse release beyond M8.

> I then
>extracted eclipse, put the RubyEcplise zip file in that directory and
>unzipped it (so the folder went to their proper places I guess since it
>extracted to plugins/ and features/ I think).  Next step, I started
>Eclipse, went to the Help menu, Software Updates, Find and Install..., I
>select "Search for new features to install".  Now I have a screen called
>"Update sites to visit" and according to the documentation, I have to add
>one for RubyEclipse.  So I click on "Add Update Site", I input
>"RubyEclipse" for name and I entered the URL
>http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net/updatesite/ and clicked OK (or Add,
>can't recall the exact name).  I unfolded RubyEclipse and checked the RDT
>box.  I clicked on Next, and there are zero (0) search results.
>
>So, is there something wrong in the way I try to add support?

There are actually two alternative ways of installing RDT: Either you
download the zip file and unzip to the plugin directory or you use the
update manager. After unzipping the zip file RDT is installed. Looking
for updates with the update manager will therefore not display any
updates, because the version on the update site is identical to the
installed version. Only after a new version is available, the update
manager will display the new version for update.

Markus