Paul Sanchez wrote:

> Daniel Berger wrote:
>
>> Vincent Foley <vinfoley / iquebec.com> wrote in message
>> news:<pan.2004.06.02.01.38.57.677470 / iquebec.com>...
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would be interested to try the Ruby Eclipse plug-in. So, I downloaded
>>> the latest version of Eclipse (3.0RC1, RubyEclipse mentions 3.0M8,
>>> should
>>> I use that older version instead?) and I downloaded the plug-in.
>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> The Ruby Eclipse plug-in, and many others, do not work past 3.0M8
>> because the org.apache.xerces plugin was removed as of 3.0M9.
>> Apparently, everyone is supposed to use JAXP instead. This has been
>> mentioned on the RDT forums, though I don't know if has officially
>> been reported as a bug.
>

> So does that mean wait until the plugin is rewritten to use JAXP, or
> is there something end users should do to get it to use JAXP?

Unfortunately there have to be changes in the code, so there is no easy
way like manipulating some of the plugin.xml files. While we were still
moving development to M9 the RC1 was released on last saturday, so we
have to catch up with the eclipse development. Depending on how much
work is waiting for us, we will either release for RC1 or wait for the
final 3.0 release, which is due end of june.

Markus