Hi --

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Daniel Berger wrote:

> >On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, David A. Black wrote:
>
> >> This is probably a stupid question, but... what if someone did:
> >>
> >>   ruby -e 'require "crypt/fog"; puts
> eval(Crypt::Fog.decrypt(......)'
>
> Well, you happen to know the method and the salt with which to decrypt
> the example I gave you.  Besides, the OP only hasked for obfuscation,
> not encryption.

I'm assuming that if people running the program know that they have to
use crypt/fog, then so will the rogue people who want to decipher it.
I'm also (perhaps wrongly) assuming that salts are all two characters.

Anyway, didn't I say it was a stupid question? :-)

> Let's have a little fun. I'll give you some obfuscated code and you
> tell me how long it takes you to decipher it.

[...]

No fair -- RAA is down and I don't have Crypt::Fog :-)

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net