Hi,

Matt Sergeant <matt / sergeant.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to get a handle on what the size of the market for AxKit would be
> in the Ruby world.

*I* 'm very interested in Aplication server, like AxKit, for Ruby.
But IMHO, `size of market' of it is not large now, because
we have few experience in using mod_ruby/eRuby for serious
and well-known production use, AFAIK.
Of course it may become large in (near) future (and I hope so).

> The number of Japanese users of Ruby makes me think it might be a good
> platform, especially given AxKit's strong I18N support, but as a businessman
> I can't dedicate a port unless there's a market. Obviously I'd be bringing
> with me XML::XPath (a ~100% compliant XPath implementation) and XPathScript
> too.

# I konw that at least two person try to implement XPath library
# in Ruby.
# One, Ueno-san's xmlscan library, using Racc(Ruby's yacc).
# Another one, Yoshida-san's XPath Parser, using expat and
# XML Parser library.
# But I don't know how compliant they are to XPath 1.0.

TAKAHASHI Masayoshi (maki / inac.co.jp)