"Andrew Walrond" <andrew / walrond.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:200406021018.45193.andrew / walrond.org...
> On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 08:38, Robert Klemme wrote:
> >
> > Maybe your best bet is to encrypt all source code with a public keys
and
> > create a compiled Ruby interpreter that decrypts code with a private
key
> > when reading a file.  That way others could use CryptRuby(TM) also.  A
> > slight disadvantage is, that you need to keep the sources to yourself,
> > thus becoming the only source of compiled interpreters for that Ruby
> > variant...
>
> It would be childs play to extract the private key from the interpreter
> though.

You may be right.  While there's no absolute security, certainly some
effort could be made to hide it appropriately.  I'm not too familiar with
current technologies in that area, but I have the impression one could do
much bettern than declaring a char array with the key in it...

Did I overlook something?

    robert