Le 1 juin 04, ? 22:41, Carl Youngblood a ?crit :

>> Well there's nothing about rendezvous that's fundamentally tied to OS
>> X.  (I know, having recently put it on an embedded Linux device), so
>> this shouldn't be a major stumbling block.
>
> So is rendezvous a completely open source technology?  I thought it
> was part of Apple's proprietary offerings.

http://www.zeroconf.org/

That's one domain where Apple has been pretty smart lately, taking full
advantage of open standard and open source stuff (konqueror and Safari,
cups, etc.). They create fancy names (airport for Wifi, Rendez-Vous for
Zeroconf) to get recognition.
Mandrake 10.0 I believe has an implementation of ZeroConf.

Guillaume.