Sam Sungshik Kong wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've got a simple question.
>
> I want to have my own libraries in a directory.
> Let's say that it's "C:\mylib\".
> And there's a file names "a.rb".
>
> I want to write like
> require "a"
>
> What should I do to make ruby interpreter know where to find the file all
> the time.
>
> ENV["RUBYLIB"] is valid only for the session, right?

Consider putting your own libraries in:

RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.x   (if version specific)
RUBY/lib/ruby/site_ruby       (general utilities)

They're not just for other people's packages.

----

If your library is in the "current directory", Ruby would find it there, too.

----

There's the -I'C:/mylib' command line option.

----

Or $LOAD_PATH << 'C:/mylib' before "require".

----

Someone may even answer the question you asked :-)

daz