Carl Youngblood wrote:
> Sounds cool, although one of the great things about instiki right now is
> that it can be run on any platform that ruby can run on.  It would be
> great to have a distributed wiki that only required ruby.  I, for one,
> have a 12" iBook, a desktop running Windows XP and another PC running
> Fedora linux.  I would like to be able to use the wiki on any one of them.

Well there's nothing about rendezvous that's fundamentally tied to OS X.
  (I know, having recently put it on an embedded Linux device), so this
shouldn't be a major stumbling block.

What I find interesting is that this sounds a lot like Lotus Notes.  As
I understand it, it's simply a database that users have on their
machines, that every so often resynchs with a master server.  They even
do email that way.

Now the p2p part could be interesting.  How do you resolve conflicts
between versions?  Do you rely on the timestamps of the peer machines,
even if they're not necessarily right?  Do you treat one machine as
special, say the one that created the document initially, and make it
the server?

Ben