Pstore is a bit too simple as I need something that handles multiple
clients and I don't really want to write a transaction engine(I'm
hardly qualified), so MySQL(or Post) would be my first choice. I just
really wanted to know if using the MySQL ruby libraries would be faster
or slower than the File ruby library. How well would ruby handle
passing binary data to MySQL? How fast would it be? Should I just stick
to file operations?

Sven

P.S. I had a look at Madeleine but I don't have the memory size for it(
some of the files can be a few hundred MB and when you have several
thousand files... :)    )