Philipp Kern wrote:

>On 2004-06-01, Paul Vudmaska <paul / vudmaska.com> wrote:
>

>>I could move back to 3.23, but then, i'd just be back where i was.
>>

>Your problem is that MySQL 4 is installed the wrong way.

I wish this were the case. However i did point to the _correct_
lirbraries installing mysql-ruby.
[root@u15154846 mysql-ruby-2.4.5]# ruby -I. ./test.rb localhost admin @ou812
connect.............ok
create_db...........ok
create_table........ok
insert..............ok
select..............ok
update..............ok
drop_table..........ok
drop_db.............ok
close...............ok

The above was after i pointed to the corrrect include place.
tried --with-mysql-config as well without luck.

>extconf.rb can't find the include files at this uncommon location.
>I think you should edit it so that it could find mysql_config correctly,
>which would lead to the correct configuration of mysql-ruby in regard
>to include files and library directories.
>
>Bye,
>phil

Thanks for answering. Take another swing.

:paul