From: David A. Black
> Hi --
>
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, daz wrote:
>

> > David A. Black wrote:
> > > [...] testing again....  small meaningless tweak to headers....
> > >

> > Mirrored using mail2news.rb (the version you sent me - unmodified).
> >
> > Worked as I expected, so that rules out nntp.rb & headers.
> >
> > Took your message out of my inbox (from ML).
> > Windows box, so newlines are different.
> > I might gsub them and send again.
>
> OK... so the appearance of that msg on the newgroup was because you
> mirrored it?  (I just want to make sure and not get my hopes up :-)

There was some evidence in the headers ...

... by the same evidence, I am exposed as an outrageous liar in
stating that mail2news.rb was unmodified.  I meant the logic :/

Relating to newlines;  DOS nl ("\r\n") are correct for
mail/news message standards.  In fact, mail2news gsub!s
Unix ("\r") to DOS before sending.

daz