* Paul Vudmaska <paul / vudmaska.com> [0501 09:01]:
> I'm still messing with mysql-ruby. I'm not giving up.

Attaboy :)

> I dont have the mysql.h  header file on my system - perhaps installed
> through rpm? No developer pack. No header files.

You neet those.

> [root@u15154846 include]# locate mysql.h
> /usr/share/doc/courier-imap-1.7.3/README.authmysql.html
> /usr/share/doc/courier-imap-3.0.1/README.authmysql.html
> /usr/local/lib/mysql-standard-4.0.20-pc-linux-i686/include/mysql.h
>
> I have not installed mysql 4 above yet and when i point
> --with-mysql-include to that dir it still fails.
>
> Would this be the reason why i'm unable to get past extconf.rb, and ill
> it's iterations?

I'd ignore that one, you want the headers for the version you run.

Yes. mysql-ruby needs the includes (the headers) to know how
to use the mysql libraries.

I just got it working with CVS ruby on NetBSD, on a Linux it
should be simpler. But install mysql-3.23-devel. then try extconf again.

--
Cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education.
		-- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"