"David Garamond" <lists / zara.6.isreserved.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:40BC7F27.1050209 / zara.6.isreserved.com...
> Robert Klemme wrote:
> >>Thankfully in Ruby
> >>things are simplified: nil and false values are always false,
everything
> >>else is true.
>
> Alas, I actually didn't even think about C when writing this :-) Was
> comparing it to Python, PHP, Perl, etc. on my mind.

Ah, I see.  Actually I was still referring to Dimitri's posting where he
talked about his "damn C background".  I just wanted to make it very clear
that it's a bad idea to write such code *especially* in C.  So C
background shouldn't be used as an excuse for this idiom. :-)

Kind regards

    robert