Hi --

"Robert Klemme" <bob.news / gmx.net> writes:

> "David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0405292033340.20531-100000 / wobblini...
> > Hi --

> > > got a full copy
> > > a quick diff by counting message ids:
> > >
> > > 40419 in ml archive 60000-101400
> > > 39565 in my news archive since 20030101
> > >
> > > adding both + sort + uniq gives 41533 unique ids
> > >
> > > so the gateway isn't that bad, but there is only a 95% exchange
> >
> > Over time, yes, but the recent problems are a lot more acute :-) The
> > current situation seems to have started quite suddenly in late January
> > of this year.  The last message of mine that made it from ruby-talk to
> > comp.lang.ruby was on January 24 (except for those where I initiate
> > threads, which do make it through).
>
> Hm, this sounds like the problem could be header related.  I guess, a
> posting that starts a new thread has slightly different headers (namely
> missing "references" and the like).  Just a small difference but this could
> be a hint...

I sent Dennis comparative sets of headers a few months ago, when all
this started -- we weren't able to find anything, but please feel free
to have a look and see if you spot anything.  I've just sent a new
dummy message to ruby-talk, which indeed got propagated to clr.  For
recent examples of ones that didn't, see Joao's posts and my responses
to him, such as ruby-talk 101837.

David

--
David A. Black