"David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0405292033340.20531-100000 / wobblini...
> Hi --
>
> On Sun, 30 May 2004, Martin Pirker wrote:
>
> > Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> > > You can get them from <ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/ruby/ML/>.
> >
> > got a full copy
> > a quick diff by counting message ids:
> >
> > 40419 in ml archive 60000-101400
> > 39565 in my news archive since 20030101
> >
> > adding both + sort + uniq gives 41533 unique ids
> >
> > so the gateway isn't that bad, but there is only a 95% exchange
>
> Over time, yes, but the recent problems are a lot more acute :-) The
> current situation seems to have started quite suddenly in late January
> of this year.  The last message of mine that made it from ruby-talk to
> comp.lang.ruby was on January 24 (except for those where I initiate
> threads, which do make it through).

Hm, this sounds like the problem could be header related.  I guess, a
posting that starts a new thread has slightly different headers (namely
missing "references" and the like).  Just a small difference but this could
be a hint...

Kind regards

    robert