On 28 Jan 2001 23:08:10 -0800, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / user2.teleport.com> wrote:
> In article <9504t2$4lp$1 / b5nntp2.channeli.net>,
> ¹عبٌ¼·\(Park, Hee-Sob\) <phasis / channeli.net> wrote:
> >
> >"Phil Tomson" <ptkwt / user2.teleport.com> wrote in message
>
> Hmmm... So that's what's going on.  So the self-installing Windows version
> of Ruby is build on cygwin and that leads to these sorts of problems.
> Could someone make a Ruby Binary build with Visual C++ available?

I am currently wrapping up eban's cygwin distribution for the
Windows Installer as the cygwin version seems to have more
features and such, but I'd be happy to wrap up one of the
other distributions instead if they were "better".

The real problem is that there is no single "official" port of
Ruby to Windows, there are instead several flavors, each
with its own pros and cons.

And speaking of which, has anyone tried porting Ruby to PalmOS?

/\ndy